Monitoring and Testing
Weatherford monitoring and testing systems are designed for use in various applications including:
- Makeup or breakout of tubing, casing, drillpipe, or work strings
- String makeup operations requiring a portable torque control system
- Running and pulling tubing, casing, and drillpipe strings
- Pre-assembly of bottomhole assemblies and downhole tools (when used with bucking units)
- Measurement and control of all power tongs for casing, tubing, and drillpipe installation
- Permanent electronic recording of critical makeup data
- Data export to external software
Weatherford’s ETG® electronic torque gauge is a self-contained, battery-operated unit that accurately and reliably controls the makeup of tubing, casing, drillpipe, and work strings. The ETG provides the tong operator with complete connection makeup control, and is completely programmable to specific job requirements. The system displays a real-time digital torque reading and a horizontal bar graph, which allows the tong operator to visually monitor the makeup progress.
Our ExTG™ electronic explosion-proof torque gauge system provides precise measurement and control of torque applied by a power tong. It can also be used for measurement of pressure, using a 4- to 20-mA pressure transducer in place of the load cell. Programmable values can be set to automatically terminate hydraulic supply to the tong with the included dump valve. The system is ATEX certified for worldwide use in hazardous locations and is accepted by the USCG for operation in the United States.
These easy-to-use systems are designed to operate with all existing Weatherford power tongs as well as other manufacturers’ tongs that use standard load cells with other load cells available on request.