Increase rate of penetration (ROP) and reduce drilling costs through proven engineering and service delivery excellence.
Air drilling is part of Weatherford's compression services, and is used through primarily nonhydrocarbon bearing zones to optimize drilling performance. Our air drilling systems eliminate nonproductive time caused by sticking or lost circulation and are well known for providing record ROPs, which ultimately lead to:
- Decreased costs
- Minimized deviation tendency in faulted formations
- Minimized lost circulation compared to conventional fluid systems
Drilling with air requires additional equipment and fluids to guarantee the safety of the job:
- Downhole equipment: percussion hammers and PDC air hammer bits
- Surface equipment: air compression equipment, rotating control devices, and two-phase separation equipment
- Fluids, chemicals, and related services
Get there faster.