Inspection: SAAM® Surveys
Weatherford P&SS provides pipeline inspection services using SAAM, the Original Smart Utility Pig. The SAAM (Smart Acquisition Analysis Module) technology is a revolutionary inspection system, and provides a versatile, cost-effective solution to pipeline operators.
The SAAM unit is installed completely within a utility pig, and measures and records the pig’s behavior through a pipeline. Post-survey interpretation of the data logged provides useful information, enabling operators to make informed decisions about the integrity of their pipeline. Applications of the SAAM tool include:
- 3D out-of-straightness measurement
- Locate internal debris (e.g. paraffin wax)
- Locate internal bore restrictions (e.g. dents)
- Locate internal corrosion
- Log process data (pressure, temperature)
- Diagnose and optimize pigging
The SAAM tool can be used in a regular direct assessment and maintenance role, as well as in one-off troubleshooting applications.
SAAM is a registered trademark in the United Kingdom.