Enables deep kickoffs and high-dogleg builds at 16°/100 ft (30 m) for maximum reservoir exposure
- High build-rate wells
- Single run, drilling from vertical and building to horizontal
- Real-time monitoring for geological control
Features and Benefits
- The Revolution high-dogleg (HDL) rotary-steerable system (RSS) enables deep kickoffs in high-build-rate wells to maximize reservoir exposure.
- The RSS achieves a high build rate in curved applications, yet it can be configured to maintain low tortuosity in lateral and tangent applications.
- The RSS performs high-dogleg turns.
- The RSS can be fully integrated with any Weatherford logging-whiledrilling (LWD) system
- The point-the-bit design improves hole quality, which makes cuttings removal more efficient and enables casing and liner systems to run smoothly to bottom.
- The near-bit inclination and gamma ray sensor facilitate real-time monitoring and geologic control.
- On-the-fly downlinking reduces rig nonproductive time and enables precise steering control.
- On-board sensors measure vibrations, whirl, and stick-slip, which enables operators to implement mitigation strategies in real time.
- The compact design positions critical logging-while-drilling (LWD) measurements close to the bit for more accurate geosteering.
- The pivot is optimized for high build-rate wells.
- The Revolution HDL RSS can be fully integrated with any Weatherford LWD system.
The Weatherford Revolution HDL RSS enables precision drilling in complex build sections to deliver greater reservoir exposure and faster drilling. The Revolution HDL RSS has a short, compact design that reduces the complexity of rotary-steerable drilling while placing critical LWD measurements close to the bit for better trajectory control and wellbore placement. The HDL RSS can drill complex wellbores with full bottomhole-assembly (BHA) rotation at the rate of up to 16°/100 ft (30 m). The RSS enables complete shoe-to-shoe drilling in a single run to achieve previously unattainable well trajectories and reduce overall drilling time. The RSS also features continuous string rotation that reduces drilling torque and drag, provides better hole cleaning, and improves borehole quality.
|Tool size||6-3/4 in.|
|Hole size||8.375 to 9.875 in.|
|RSS assembly length||20.18 ft (6.15 m)|
|Top connection||4 1/2 API IF box|
|Bottom connection||4 1/2 API Reg box|
|Makeup torque||24,000 to 25,200 ft-lb (32,539 to 34,166 N•m)|
|Maximum torque||20,000 ft-lb (27,116 N•m)|
|Maximum reusable tension||125,000 lb (56,700 kg)|
|Maximum survivable tension||350,000 lb (158,757 kg)|
|Maximum weight on bit||50,000 lb (22,680 kg)|
|Maximum dogleg severity 100 ft (30 m)||16°|
|Minimum kickoff angle||No limit; Can kick off from vertical.|
|Maximum operating pressure||25,000 psi (172 MPa)|
|Maximum flow rate||750 gal/min (2,839 L/min)|
|Maximum sand content||2%|
|Distance from bit, near-bit inclination||16 ft (4.9 m)|
|Distance from bit, near-bit gamma||18 ft (5.5 m)|