Single-Shot Fill Valve
The Weatherford single-shot fill valve is a sleeve valve that provides communication between tubing and annulus. It allows the tubing or work string to fill while running in the hole. It is run in the open position and is designed to close when sufficient pressure is applied to the annulus to burst a pre-selected rupture disk. Once activated, the valve remains closed and the tubing or work string can be pressurized as required for the application.
- Flex trips
- Pressure and inflow testing of liner laps and shoe tracks
- Shoot-and-pull tubing-conveyed-perforating operations
Features, Advantages and Benefits
- Shear pins prevent the valve from closing during run in hole and until the rupture disk bursts.
- The high-accuracy rupture disk (± 2 percent of nominal burst pressure rating) enables controlled tool operation.
- The ratchet lock ring prevents the sleeve from inadvertently moving to the open position.
- The fullbore ID of the valve facilitates unrestricted flow and access for well interventions.