Plug-Back Cement Kits
Field-proven cement kits specially designed for use in bailer applications
- Zone isolation
- Water shutoff
- Well abandonment
Features and Benefits
- Good particle suspension in the slurry reduces the risk of settling in the bailer, which results in time saved by avoiding additional remedial runs.
- Minimal water loss reduces the risk of premature setting in the bailer, which minimizes the number of runs and equipment damage.
- Delayed development of static-gel strength prolongs thickening time (low rheology), enabling easy flow out of the bailer and saving time and money by eliminating the need for additional runs.
- HIP Mix kits resist gas migration to obtain a sound isolation barrier, saving time and money in additional remedial runs.
- Multiple slurry densities are available to fit the well conditions.
- The kits are formulated for a short initial set time (less than 12 hours) after the slurry has been dumped, which results in reduced downtime.
- The kits are also formulated to achieve high-compression strength development (less than 24 hours).
- Post-set expansion results in high bonded shear strength to casing, which saves time and money by reducing the number of runs needed.
Weatherford is an authorized distributor of field-proven HIP™ Mix cements, which have been specially designed for use in thru-tubing bailer applications. HIP Mix kits are known worldwide as the benchmark for dump-bailer cement systems. Since 1985, HIP Mix cement kits have an established record based on thousands of successful jobs.