Positive Sealing Plug
High-expansion, thru-tubing cement platform for plugback or recompletion on rigless operations
- Live wells
- Highly deviated wellbores where there is an increased risk that cement will become contaminated or fail to establish isolation
- Well in which the value of the positive sealing plug (PSP) system offsets the cost of using more traditional methods
- High-temperature and low-temperature seals
- Hydraulic healing system for extending service life
Features and Benefits
- The high expansion ratio allows the plug to pass through small restrictions and to be used in rigless, thru-tubing operations, which can reduce costs.
- A bidirectional anchor system centralizes the plug and prevents uphole and downhole movement for increased efficiency.
- The anti-extrusion system and seal assembly provide an immediate differential pressure seal, saving time and money.
- The healing system helps to maintain the integrity of the hydraulic seal.
The positive sealing plug (PSP) is a high-expansion, compression-set plug intended to pass through restrictions and set in tubulars that are up to 3-1/2 times the run-in diameter of the plug. PSP setting operations and healing system eliminate problems that are inherent with extended service lives in high-expansion compression-set plugs.