Motorized Cutting Tool 2-1/2 in.
Providing flare-free, hazard-free tubular cutting with real-time monitoring
- Severing 3 1/2-in. tubulars, whether in a state of tension, neutral, or compression
- Direct replacement for dangerous chemical or explosive cutters
- Severing tubulars in wells that contain dual or multiple completions
- Operations that require multiple cuts
Features and Benefits
- Nonexplosive or chemical operations provide improved wellsite safety and efficiency, while reducing logistical costs and concerns.
- The cutting-wheel design significantly reduces nonproductive time (NPT).
- The design eliminates flaring and debris, improving pipe-recovery operations.
- It enables cuts to be made in neutral or compression, eliminating multiple runs.
- Real-time feedback reduces uncertainty by providing a positive indication of the cutting operation.
- The motorized cutting tool (MCT) can make multiple cuts in a single trip into the wellbore, saving valuable rig time
The Weatherford motorized cutting tool is an electrohydraulic tool that mechanically severs 3 1/2-in. downhole tubulars, eliminating the need for dangerous explosives and chemicals. It is the safest and most efficient device of its type in the industry. It relies on a rolling-cutting-wheel design and hydraulic pressure to actually displace the material of the tubulars, producing a smooth cut with no flaring or debris.
The unique design of the cutting wheel enables the MCT to sever tubulars in tension, neutral, or compression and to make multiple cuts in a single trip into the wellbore. The MCT reduces the uncertainty of traditional operations by providing real-time feedback and a positive indication that each cut has been completed as planned.