Platinum Resistance Thermometer
Determines borehole fluid temperature
- Discovering fluid entry, gas leaks, injection zones, and fluid movement behind pipe
- Locating cement tops
- The compact tool profile reduces total tool-string length.
- The platinum resistance thermometer (PRT) can be used with other Ultrawire™ production logging tools for simultaneous measurements and increased operational efficiency.
- Responds quickly to temperature changes for accurate measurement
- Works well in applications where there are tool-string limitations, such as offshore operations
The platinum resistance thermometer (PRT) determines borehole fluid temperature by measuring the resistance of a platinum probe. A pressure-tight Inconel® needle contains the probe and protrudes into an open slot through which borehole fluid flows. The measurements from the low-mass probe provide high-resolution data with fast temperature response.