SS Gamma Ray Tool
Provides correlation between production logs and openhole logs
- Depth correlation in any borehole environment
- Determination of lithology
- Deployment in thru-tubing completions with IDs as narrow as 1 1/2 in.
Features and Benefits
- Its small diameter enables the ShortStak® Gamma Ray (GRT-W) tool to log through restrictions and to run in completions as narrow as 1 1/2 in., which makes it very versatile.
- Calibration for the API standard means the tool delivers accurate measurements for determining shale volumes and for making matrix corrections in pulsed neutron logging.
- The GRT-W can be combined with other production logging tools.
The Weatherford ShortStak gamma ray (GRT-W) tool measures natural radioactivity in the borehole at varying depths. It is primarily used in cased-hole environments to evaluate lithology and correlate the depth between openhole logs and subsequent cased-hole runs. With a diameter of 1 3/8 in., the tool can be deployed in thru-tubing completions with IDs as narrow as 1-1/2 in.
The GRT-W tool can operate in any borehole environment, which makes it an effective correlation device. It is typically run in combination with other production-logging tools that are compatible with intertool-bus (ITB) communication.