SS Quartz Pressure Gauge Tool
Provides a measurement of the borehole fluid pressure using an industry-standard, precision quartz crystal, pressure transducer
- Establishing pressure gradients
- Determining pressure for the calculation of fluid properties
- Recording pressure drawdown and buildup data
- Calculating pressure, volume, and temperature data
- Analyzing reservoir conditions
- Thermodynamic correcting of downhole gas volumes to surface conditions
Features and Benefits
- The industry-standard quartz gauge enables a high degree of accuracy, precision, and reliability.
- A bellows assembly isolates the crystal pressure sensor and prevents it from coming into contact with potentially harsh fluids and gases—without adversely affecting the accuracy of the pressure reading.
- The quartz temperature sensor, which is located next to the crystal pressure sensor, provides digital temperature compensation. This enables a timely response to changes in conditions.
- The SST-QPG can be combined with any cased-hole formation evaluation tools.
The Weatherford ShortStak® quartz pressure gauge (SST-QPG) tool measures downhole pressure in production wells. The internal Quartzdyne* pressure transducer enables a high degree of accuracy, precision, and reliability in downhole environments.
The SST-QPG tool runs on the Weatherford cased-hole, intertool bus (ITB) system. It operates below either the ShortStak CCL/telemetry tool, which is a cable transmission system (CTS-B) with a 1 3/8-in. outside diameter (OD), or the wireline communications cartridge (WCC-C), a high-speed tool with a 1 11/16-in. OD.