Multifinger Imaging Tool 24-Finger MIT
Provides radial measurements for advanced cross-sectional analysis of tubular corrosion
- Monitoring internal tubing or casing corrosion or scale buildup
- Evaluation of drilling wear
- Identification of split, parted, or deformed tubing or casing
- Evaluation of deformation caused by geomechanical factors
Features and Benefits
- The 24-finger MIT is combinable with other Ultrawire™ tools for simultaneous measurements and increased operational efficiency.
- When adequately externally centralized, the MIT is suitable for all well deviations up to and including horizontal wells.
- Optional extended finger lengths can expand the measuring range of the MIT.
- Statistical analysis using Sondex™ Well Integrity Processing, Evaluation & Reporting (WIPER) software and 3D data analysis using Sondex Well Integrity Visual Analysis (WIVA)WIVA software provides both graphical and empirical analysis of acquired data identify the true condition of the casing.
With high accuracy, the 24-finger MIT detects very small changes in the internal surface condition of tubing or casing. Tthe tool can be run through tubing using extended-length fingers to increase the measurement range and log casing deeper in the well. Additionally, the 24-finger MIT can be run in combination with other Ultrawire well-integrity instruments and production logging tools on either
single-conductor wireline (which requires surface power and control) or on slickline (which requires battery power, downhole memory, and control).
When the tool is run in hole, the fingers are closed to prevent damage. At logging depth, a motor is activated from the logging system or by the memory tool, and the fingers open. As the tool moves up the hole, it continuously measures the surface condition of the pipe. An inclinometer in the tool indicates the finger positions relative to the high side of the pipe so that pipe features can be oriented correctly during data processing.
MIT data can be used to generate 3D images of pipe condition using Sondex WIVA software. Sondex WIPER software can also be used for statistical analysis of the pipe condition.