High-Resolution Microimager Tool
Provides high-definition, fullbore images of complex reservoirs in conductive mud environments
- Visualizing complex structures
- Identifying the location and orientation of faults and fractures
- Determining structural dip
- Defining crossbeds, thin beds, and net-to-gross ratio in sand-shale sequences
- Identifying sand-shale facies and sand counts
- Evaluating secondary porosity
- Performing depth matching
- Determining core orientation and substitution
- Analyzing formation structure, borehole breakout, and true vertical depth
Features and Benefits
- Six pads, each equipped with 25 sensors, deliver 150 precise microresistivity measurements.
- Six independently articulating caliper arms maintain pad contact and provide six different caliper readings.
- The tool can be re-configured with pads that operate in oil-based muds.
- Reveal 360° image processing reconstructs and improves images created from wireline logging data by incorporating values obtained from HMI measurements.
- The highly detailed images that are produced enable improved geological interpretation.
- The accurate microresistivity measurements from the tool help operators make better decisions regarding well placement and completion designs.
The high-resolution microimager (HMI®) tool provides real-time microresistivity images in water-based mud (WBM) environments. The six-arm, 150-button resistivity imager enables dip and fracture detection, characterization of sedimentary structures, thin-bed evaluation, facies analysis, and oriented resistivity and dipmeter computation. These are all essential elements for complete and accurate formation evaluation and reservoir description.
An integrated orientation package positioned close to the pads, combined with a powerful current drive, provides high-quality data and resolution. The HMI tool transmits data back to the surface at high speeds so that analysis can begin while the tool is still downhole. The high-fidelity data provided by the HMI tool enables geoscientists to visualize complex structures, detect dips and fractures, and evaluate thin beds more quickly and with greater confidence. Data from the HMI tool is further enhanced by Reveal 360° image processing, a patentpending processing technique that combines microimager measurements with wireline data to produce a comprehensive image of the reservoir.
Weatherford also offers interpretation and processing services (IPS), which provide a range of formation evaluation solutions that inform critical operational decisions. Weatherford IPS analysts use advanced processing and interpretation technologies to deliver results that incorporate imaging, acoustic, petrophysical, and well-integrity data from a number of sources. Used in combination with the HMI tool, IPS helps to monitor, understand, and optimize well performance.