Oil-Base Mud Microimager Tool
Provides high-definition, fullbore images of complex reservoirs in nonconductive mud environments
- Visualizing complex structures
- Identifying the location and orientation of faults and fractures
- Determining structural dip
- Defining crossbeds, thin beds, and net-to-gross ratio in sand-shale sequences
- Identifying sand-shale facies and sand counts
- Evaluating secondary porosity
- Performing depth matching
- Determining core orientation and substitution
- Analyzing formation structure, borehole breakout, and true vertical depth
Features and Benefits
- Six gimbaled pads with 48 measurement electrodes and high-dynamic-range measurement electronics deliver high-resolution microresistivity measurements.
- Each pad contains 10 knife-blade electrodes that cut through mudcake to maintain contact with the formation.
- Six independently articulating caliper arms maintain pad contact and provide six different caliper measurements.
- An integrated navigation package positioned close to the pads enables accurate tool orientation.
- Adjustable pad pressure helps maintain contact in different borehole geometries.
- Reveal 360° image processing reconstructs and improves images created from wireline logging data by incorporating values obtained from OMI measurements.
- The tool Ddelivers fullbore images that enable improved geological interpretation.
- The tool Pprovides high-resolution microresistivity measurements that help operators make better decisions regarding well placement and completion designs.
The Weatherford oil-base mud microimager (OMI) tool provides high-resolution images of reservoir features in nonconductive, oil-base mud (OBM) environments. High-speed, pad-based electronics obtain eight precise formation-resistivity measurements per pad, which enables the OMI to deliver images nearly as high in quality and resolution as those taken in water-base mud. The integrated near-pad navigation package enables accurate orientation of the tool with respect to formation features, which helps to ensure reliable images in OBM for both structural and sedimentary analysis.
The OMI tool is compatible with Reveal 360° image processing, a patent-pending new processing technique that combines microimager measurements with wireline data to produce a comprehensive image of the reservoir.
Weatherford also offers interpretation and processing services (IPS), which provide a range of formation evaluation solutions that inform critical operational decisions. Weatherford IPS analysts use advanced processing and interpretation technologies to deliver results that incorporate imaging, acoustic, petrophysical, and well-integrity data from a number of sources. Used in combination with the OMI tool, IPS helps to monitor, understand, and optimize well performance.