Compact Photodensity Tool
Providing accurate compensated bulk density and lithology reservoir measurements with industry-leading conveyance options
- Determining formation porosity and lithology
- Logging through drillpipe past severe hole conditions
- Determining fluid density (in combination with other measurements)
- Identifying formation gas
- Identifying mineral properties
- Providing input to advanced formation-evaluation programs
- Providing input to determine mechanical properties of rock
- Providing input to seismic programs
- Providing detailed well-to-well correlation
- Delineating the reservoir
Features and Benefits
- The MPD tool uses an articulated shoe that reduces the effects of borehole size and rugosity and provides a high-quality density measurement.
- The unique profile of the tool facilitates flexible deployment, in wireline or memory mode, to mitigate the risk of bridging events and reduce nonproductive time.
The Weatherford Compact™ photodensity (MPD) tool provides bulk density, caliper, and photoelectric (Pe) factor for porosity and lithology determination in conventional and slim wells. The unique profile of the tool enables it to pass through restrictions as small as 2.5 in. (57 mm).
The density and Pe detectors are contained in an articulated shoe, which maintains close contact with the formation over caved intervals and eliminates the gross errors typical of mandrel tools in similar conditions. The highly optimized shoe has smaller borehole-size corrections than many conventional tools.
A connector at the bottom of the tool can be rotates 180° to provide 0.5 in. (13 mm) of standoff to tools below. It is used to enable obtaining high-quality sonic (MSS) and induction (MAI) data and eliminates the need for an intersonde crank.