Spectral Pe Density Tool
Hiqh-quality compensated bulk density and lithology determination for the most demanding petrophysical applications
- Determines porosity, lithology, and bulk density
- Identifies formation gas, formation lithology, formation boundaries, shale volume, and mineral properties, including heavy minerals
- Provides input to advanced formation evaluation programs, seismic programs, water-saturation calculations, and determination of mechanical properties of rock
- Provides detailed well-to-well correlation and reservoir delineation
- When used in combination with other services, detects gas
- Aids in clay typing
Features and Benefits
- The spectral Pe density (SPeD) tool is a dual-detector formation density tool with a hydraulically activated caliper to provide effective borehole contact.
- A Cs137 source provides the gamma ray energy.
- The SPeD tool uses long- and short-spaced detector data to derive values for formation Pe.
- The tool provides high-quality compensated bulk density measurements, measurement redundancy, and increased quality control.
The Weatherford SPeD tool measures formation bulk density, photoelectric absorption index (Pe), and porosity in a wide range of formation types. The SPeD tool is typically run with the universal gamma ray tool (UGR), compensated neutron tool (CNT), and resistivity services to provide triple-combo logging capability. This stack also can be combined with other tools for further flexibility.