Flexisert I-PCP Anchor
Reduces downtime and costs by eliminating the requirement to pull tubing
- Wells completed using 2 7/8-, 3 1/2-, or 4 1/2-in. production tubing where insertable progressing cavity pumping (I-PCP) anchors are applicable and no provision for a conventionally deployed nipple-seated insert pump could be provided
- Wells in which a pump seating nipple (PSN) with unknown specifications is installed or positioned incorrectly
Features and Benefits
- The Flexisert I-PCP anchor enables running in wells that are not equipped with a PSN.
- The anchor allows changes in pump setting depth, pump volume, and lift without pulling the tubing string.
- The anchor can be deployed into the tubing string in one trip.
- The anchor provides a seal and prevents rotation and axial movement, so a separate torque anchor (no-turn tool) is not required.
- Downhole monitoring equipment can remain in place during pump servicing.
- The anchor significantly reduces well servicing time and pump- change costs.
- The new rotor-lock tag bar simplifies installation.
The Weatherford Flexisert I-PCP anchor takes I-PCP technology to a new level. It enables running I-PCP anchors in wells that are not equipped with a PSN. Flexisert I-PCP anchors can be run, landed, operated, and removed without pulling the tubing string, thus saving costs associated with well servicing time and pump changes. The unique design of the Flexisert I-PCP anchor incorporates several critical functions such as preventing rotation of the pump, providing a seal between the pump intake and high pressure discharge, and preventing axial movement of the pump caused by pressure differential across the anchor seal.
The Flexisert I-PCP anchor is currently available for 2 7/8-, 3 1/2-, or 4 1/2-in. production tubing and can pass through common tubing restrictions such as a PSN and subsurface safety valves. The result is an I-PCP system that provides a compact and practical solution for reducing downtime and costs associated with pulling tubing when running a tubing-conveyed PCP.