Extends the longevity of your progressing cavity pumping (PCP) system by creating a reliable seal between produced well fluids and the environment
- Oil, water, and dewatering gas wells
- Abrasive applications
- Wellsites that require the use of hydraulic systems
Features and Benefits
- The innovative seal design and robust bearing system reduce the risk of seal failure and the associated impact to the environment.
- An intensifier in the hydraulic system maintains fluid pressure within the seals during flushby and coiled tubing operations, preventing damage to the stuffing-box seals.
- The maintenance-free design incorporates a unique, integral connection that provides a robust link between the stuffing box and drive head, minimizing the risk for costly repairs and reducing non-productive time.
- The pressurized fluid system creates an oil barrier that extends the life of the PCP system by eliminating the potential for destructive seal wear by abrasives.
- To lower operating costs, all Weatherford stuffing boxes can be remanufactured to OEM specifications at a Weatherford service facility.
The pressurized DuraSeal rotating stuffing box enhances the longevity of PCP systems in wells using hydraulic systems. The innovative hydrodynamic seal and robust bearing assembly provide a superior seal between the rotating shaft assembly and the environment, mitigating the risk of external production fluid leakage and associated environmental impact. For added protection, an indicator on the stuffing box pops out and exposes a red band if an early-stage seal failure occurs. This pop-out indicator often eliminates the need for expensive controls or external shutdown.
The DuraSeal stuffing box uses a pressurized fluid system with clean hydraulic fluid in the seal section to create an oil barrier that reduces the potential for seal wear caused by abrasives.
A jaw-style connection and shear ring between the stuffing box and drive head provide a robust connection that prevents costly drive head repairs. Available in 1.25-in. and 1.50-in. polished rod sizes and various flanged wellhead connections, the DuraSeal rotating stuffing box is compatible with Weatherford jaw-style PCP drive heads.