Red Eye Hot-Tap System
Enables the insertion and retraction of a Red Eye® water-cut meter in a flowing pipeline
- Well testing (downstream of a separator)
- Individual well monitoring
- Group production monitoring
- Dewatering monitoring for crude-oil tanks
Features and Benefits
- The Red Eye hot-tap water-cut meter uses patented optical-sensor technology to accurately measure the full range of water cut (0 to 100%) in a production stream.
- The insertion and retraction (I&R) tool enables a Red Eye meter to be easily inserted into or retracted from a pipeline without interrupting flow.
- The system enables the user to perform instrument and pipeline maintenance, including pigging, without interrupting or bypassing flow.
- The system provides accurate readings in almost any well by remaining insensitive to salinity or gas content.
The Weatherford Red Eye hot-tap system enables the insertion and retraction of a Red Eye water-cut meter into a flowing pipeline. A complete hot-tap system comprises the Red Eye hot-tap meter, a packing spool assembly, and the hot-tap I&R tool.
The Red Eye hot-tap meter has a standard Red Eye head assembly plus a special shaft extension, which includes a flange with inner holes that bolt to the packing spool assembly after it is inserted into a pipeline. The outer holes on the flange attach to the adjustable shelf on the I&R tool. The meter is available with pressure ratings of ANSI 600 and ANSI 900.
The packing spool assembly consists of a packing spool with a pressure bleeder valve, an internal wiper, and packing material with a packing nut. The packing spool assembly attaches to a 2-in. ANSI-certified, ball valve (not included) that has been installed on a flowing pipeline.
The I&R tool is used to insert and retract the meter. It has a bottom shelf that is bolted to the outer holes on the bottom flange of the packing spool assembly and an adjustable middle shelf that bolts to the outer circle of holes in the flange of the meter. The tool is operated with a manual hand crank located on the top end.
- ATEX/IECEx Zone 1: II 2 G Ex d IIB T6, -20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +65°C, CE marked
- North American Class 1 Div 1 Groups C, D T6, -20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +65°C (with stainless steel enclosure)