Tandem Rise Bow Centralizer
Weatherford’s Tandem Rise bow centralizers are specifically designed to increase restoring forces and reduce drag during running and cementing operations.
The centralizer features special Tandem Rise bows that provide superior standoff with reduced running forces when compared to conventional bow-spring centralizers. The bows are held in place with locking tabs on integrated slip-on end collars, providing a nonweld design that is capable of withstanding high lateral loads usually associated with horizontal wellbores.
During the planning phase, Weatherford’s CentraPro Plus ® software is recommended to ensure optimum centralizer quantity and placement with minimized friction forces.
- Tubing or casing applications
- Primarily suited for horizontal and directional wellbores
- Vertical wellbores
Features, Advantages and Benefits
- Tandem Rise bows provide superior standoff for greater mud removal compared to conventional bow-spring centralizers, enhancing the primary cement job and achieving zonal isolation.
- Locking tabs hold the bows in place, enabling the centralizer to withstand compressive loads during run-in.
- The centralizer should be placed over a stop collar to prevent axial movement during run-in.
- The field-proven, nonwelded design can withstand high lateral loads, ensuring reliable performance in horizontal wellbores.
- The centralizer achieves the highest restoring-force-to-drag ratio when running in-hole, increasing operational efficiency.