Welded Bow-Spring Centralizer
Weatherford’s welded bow-spring centralizers are designed to centralize casing in the wellbore during running and cementing operations.
Providing excellent downhole durability and performance, the centralizer features heat-treated, spring-steel bows that are welded to unique, rigid end collars.
The centralizer bows provide maximum standoff for efficient mud and cement displacement and are available in various heights to assure optimum restoring forces. The rigid end collars provide solid support for the end bands and are available in a slip-on or latch-on configuration for easy installation.
During the planning phase, Weatherford’s CentraPro Plus® software is recommended to ensure optimum centralizer quantity and placement with minimized drag forces.
- Cased-hole and openhole applications
- Vertical or horizontal wells
- Underreamed and washed-out wells
- Casing or liner strings where reciprocation is advantageous
Features, Advantages and Benefits
- End collars are manufactured with a unique ribbed design, providing rigidity to the bands and protection for the bow springs.
- The high-quality, spring-steel bows are heat-treated, enabling the bows to return to their original shape after passing restrictions, contributing further to optimum standoff in underreamed holes and washed-out areas.
- Latch-on end collars feature an integral hinge that folds to the inside, adding strength and eliminating interference during run-in.
- High performance bows provide maximum standoff in a wide range of hole sizes, achieving the best possible chance of zonal isolation and reducing remedial cementing operations and costs.
- All common centralizer sizes have been tested and validated to American Petroleum Institute (API) 10D requirements, providing reliability and durability during operations.
- Various bow heights are available, assuring optimum restoring forces for most well requirements.
- Slip-on configurations feature single-piece end collars, enabling the device to be rotated in most situations.