Rig-Free Light-Duty Pulling and Jacking Unit
Reduce rig time and costs with a rig-less approach to offshore well intervention and abandonment
The Rig-Free 35/1000 light-duty pulling and jacking unit provides a foundation for offshore well abandonment and intervention operations. This lightweight mobile unit with a small footprint meets API 4F specifications.
The light-duty pulling and jacking unit has a pulling capacity of 35,000 lb (15,876 kg) and a nominal pulling stroke of 44 ft (13.4 m). It has a jacking capacity of 1,000,000 lb (453,592 kg) and a nominal jacking stroke of 5 ft (1.5 m). The pulling system uses a hydraulic cylinder encapsulated within a telescoping mast, and the jacking unit has a four-cylinder jack with upper and lower split bowls and a false rotary jacking floor.
The unit has an innovative self-clamping skidding system to access multiple wells without the need to rig down any main system components. The unit also includes an attachable power swivel that enables rotating.
- Offshore well abandonment
- Offshore late-stage intervention
- Load-bearing platform structures
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
- The mobile design and small footprint enables efficient operations.
- The hydraulic power unit complies with Class 1, Division 2.
- The pulling system supports a power swivel, which produces up to 8,100 ft-lb (10,982 N∙m) torque to enable rotating downhole operations, including cutting, milling, reaming, washover, and drilling.
- The unit transfers pipe to and from the mast by means of the V-door and catwalk system.
|Pulling capacity (lb, kg)||
|Pulling stroke, nominal (ft, m)||
|Maximum operating wind (knots)||52|
|Drillpipe size, typical (in.)||≤ 3 1/2|
|Drillpipe length, typical (ft, m)||
|Racking system capacity (lb, kg)||n/a|
|Jacking capacity (lb, kg)||
|Jacking stroke (ft, m)||
|Jacking size, OD maximum (in., mm)||
Pulling and Jacking System
Equipment weight on platform beams
Equipment weight on main beams
Heaviest pumping jack unit component
lift (lb, kg)
Estimated truck loads to transport
(pulling and jacking unit only)
|Assembly/disassembly time||24 hr|
|Hurricane evacuation time||6 hr|
|Floor equipment handling hoist||1|
|Lift capacity (lb, kg||
Tong carrier capacity (equipment and
makeup loading) (lb, kg)