RDDK-2A Shearable Orifice Gas-Lift Valve
Provides operational efficiency while also enhancing flow performance to maximize the production rate and reduce nonproductive time
- Wells in which casing-to-tubing communication is desired to begin gas-lift operations without wireline intervention
- Wells requiring equipment to be wireline retrievable
- Wells that require high injection rates to enhance production rates
- High-profile wells with high intervention cost
Features and Benefits
- With its hollow valve body and flow-through latch, the valve senses tubing pressure before it opens, which prevents premature valve opening.
- The valve can be manufactured from various materials and customized to fit well conditions.
- The integral reverse-flow check valves provide a barrier to tubing-to-casing communication when well containment is needed.
- The assembly can be equipped with the Weatherford QS-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a combination modified-PTFE and metal-to-metal seal, or the Q-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a strictly metal-to-metal seal. This enables optimal performance, customized for specific well conditions.
- The aerodynamic check dart—designed using computational flow dynamics and physical testing—provides maximum gas passage and erosion resistance.
- The valve is compatible with all manufacturers’ gas-lift mandrels that meet American Petroleum Institute (API) 19G1 standards.
The Weatherford RDDK-2A gas-lift valve is specifically designed for deepwater or other high-profile well applications. It is a wireline-retrievable, shearable orifice valve with a 1 1/2-in. nominal outside diameter (OD). Upon initial installation, the valve functions as a dummy valve and facilitates the completion test by applying pressure in the annulus. After a predetermined amount of pressure is applied to the annulus, the fracture rod breaks and the valve operates as an orifice valve.
Depending on operator preference and specific well conditions, the assembly can be equipped with the Weatherford QS-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a combination modified-PTFE and metal-to-metal seal, or with the Q-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a metal-to-metal seal. These check valves were designed by applying computational flow-dynamics analysis and physical testing to maximize gas-passage capability and erosion resistance.
Weatherford RDDK-2A gas-lift valves can be provided to meet API 19G2 V-1 certification, which is currently the highest standard in the industry.