RO-2HV Series Orifice Gas-Lift Valve
Provides enhanced performance to maximize the production rate and reduce nonproductive time
- Wells requiring equipment to be wireline retrievable
- Wells that require high injection rates to maximize production rates
- High-profile wells with high intervention cost
Features and Benefits
- The complete assembly has been flow-performance tested and provides predictable gas passage for maximum well productivity.
- The valve can be manufactured from various materials and customized to fit well conditions.
- Integral reverse-flow check valve provides a barrier to tubing-to-casing communication for well containment.
- The assembly can be equipped with the Weatherford QS-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a combination modified-PTFE and metal-to-metal seal, or the Q-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a strictly metal-to-metal seal. This enables optimal performance, customized for specific well conditions.
- An aerodynamic check dart—designed for proven flow performance from computational flow dynamics and physically tested—provides maximum gas passage and erosion resistance for maximum production rate and reliability.
- The RO-2HV valve is compatible with all manufacturers’ gas-lift mandrels that meet American Petroleum Institute (API) 19G1 standards.
The Weatherford RO-2HV gas-lift valve is specifically designed for deepwater or other high-profile well applications. It is a wireline-retrievable orifice valve with a 1 1/2-in. nominal outside diameter (OD). The valve has been flow-performance and erosion tested for maximum performance. Depending on operator preference and specific well conditions, the assembly can be equipped with the Weatherford QS-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a combination modified-PTFE and metal-to-metal seal, or the Q-type reverse-flow check valve, which has a strictly metal-to-metal seal. These check valves were designed by applying computational flow-dynamics analysis and physical testing to maximize gas-passage capability and erosion resistance.
Weatherford RO-2HV gas-lift valves can be provided to meet API 19G2 V-1 certification, which is currently the highest standard in the industry.