Weatherford and Partners Raise $381,195 in 2020 for Houston Non-Profits
More than $2.28 Million Raised Since Inaugural 2014 Charitable Event
HOUSTON (December 14, 2020) – Weatherford International plc (OTC Pink: WFTLF) and partners raised and $381,195 to be donated to four Houston-area non-profit organizations as a result of the 2020 edition of their annual Weatherford Walks event. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s event was virtual—with employees, sponsors, and families walking throughout the entire month of November to raise awareness and funds. The proceeds will be shared equally among the Houston Area Women’s Center, Camp Hope, Small Steps Nurturing Center, and Spindletop Charities. Since its inception, Weatherford Walks has raised more than $2.28 million for the Houston community.
Participants walked nearly 3,300 miles to support the four Houston charities. Both Weatherford employees and trusted business partners made generous monetary donations in support of the recipient organizations.
Each of the Houston-based charities make a significant impact on individuals and neighborhoods across the Houston community:
- The Houston Area Women’s Center, which helps individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence in their efforts to move their lives forward, was the beneficiary of the inaugural Weatherford Walks in 2014.
- Camp Hope provides peer support, mentoring services, and housing for veterans and their families suffering from combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Small Steps Nurturing Center is dedicated to the social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth of economically at-risk children and their families.
- Spindletop Charities, Inc. provides aid to programs targeting child abuse prevention, pediatric medical research, drug and alcohol abuse prevention and rehabilitation, education and scholarships, school safety, therapeutic services, after-school programs, and family health.
“I am truly grateful for our employees, sponsors, and their families for coming together to make a difference in our community through this virtual event,” said Girish K. Saligram, President and Chief Executive Officer of Weatherford. “We know that there is no finish line until our charity partners achieve their ultimate goals. We will continue to do our part for the greater good through Weatherford Walks and our other community outreach efforts.”
Weatherford sponsors who supported the 2020 Weatherford Walks event include:
- Alvarez & Marsal
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Engineered Custom Solutions
- Heim, Payne & Chorush LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
Weatherford is a leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 19,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit https://www.weatherford.com/ for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
Director, Global Media Engagement