Safety and Quality
Our vision is to be a company that is incident free, delivers on our promises to our customers, and leaves the environments and communities in which we operate better than we found them.
At every level of our organization, we lead with a commitment to operating safely and delivering quality products and services. This is embedded in our culture and everything we do.
Demonstrating Our Commitment to Safety
Safety is a fundamental component of our culture. We do not take shortcuts when it comes to the safety of our employees or those around us. To guide us on our journey to be incident-free, we have a suite of programs embedded into our overall operational management system:
IOGP Life-Saving Rules
The IOGP Life-Saving Rules were strategically developed to improve human performance and raise awareness of the high-risk activities most likely to result in serious injury or fatality. The IOGP Life-Saving Rules are critical directives we must abide by to protect ourselves and our colleagues from harm.
Each IOGP Life-Saving Rule consists of a simple icon and descriptive text, with additional detailed guidance to explain why the rule is important and what aspects workers and supervisors must focus on. Each rule is also linked to controls and barriers which, if used properly, can prevent significant injuries and fatal incidents.
Bypassing Safety Controls
Obtain authorization before overriding or disabling safety-controls
- I understand and use safety-critical equipment and procedures which apply to my task
- I obtain authorization before:
- disabling or overriding safety equipment
- deviating from procedures
- crossing a barrier
Follow safe driving Rules
- I always wear a seatbelt
- I do not exceed the speed limit, and reduce my speed for road conditions
- I do not use phones or operate devices while driving
- I am fit, rested and fully alert while driving
- I follow journey management requirements
Control flammables and ignition sources
- Iidentify and control ignition sources
- Beforestarting any hot work:
- I confirm flammable material has been removed or isolated
- I obtain authorization
- Before starting hot work in a hazardous area I confirm:
- a gas test has been completed
- gas will be monitored continually
Working at Height
Protect yourself against a fall when working at height
- I inspect my fall protection equipment before use
- I secure tools and work materials to prevent dropped objects
- I tie off 100% to approved anchor points while outside a protected area
Safe Mechanical Lifting
Plan lifting operations and control the area
- I confirm that the equipment and load have been inspected and are fit for purpose
- I only operate equipment that I am qualified to use
- I establish and obey barriers and exclusion zones
- I never walk under a suspended load
Obtain authorization before entering a confined space
- I confirm energy sources are isolated
- I confirm the atmosphere has been tested and is monitored
- I check and use my breathing apparatus when required
- I confirm there is an attendant standing by
- I confirm a rescue plan is in place
- I obtain authorization to enter
Verify isolation and zero energy before work begins
- I have identified all energy sources
- I confirm that hazardous energy sources have been isolated, locked, and tagged
- I have checked there is zero energy and tested for residual or stored energy
Line of Fire
Keep yourself and others out of the line of fire
- I position myself to avoid:
- moving objects
- pressure releases
- dropped objects
- I establish and obey barriers and exclusion zones
- I take action to secure loose objects and report potential dropped objects
I have confirmed if a permit is required
- I am authorized to perform the work
- I understand the permit
- I have confirmed that hazards are controlled, and it is safe to start
- I stop and reassess if conditions change
This program engages key leaders around the globe to create increased awareness regarding safety initiatives and the importance of behavior-based safety. As a result, we have significantly improved our proactive actions to reduce incidents and have further strengthened our safety culture.
Hand and Finger Injury Prevention
Our Hand and Finger Injury Prevention Program actively addresses a common industry issue by educating our employees on proper equipment and mechanisms to keep them hands-free when operating machinery. The program has led to a measurable reduction in hand and finger injuries and we are proud to have received the Hart’s E&P Special Meritorious Award for Engineering Innovation in recognition of its success.
As a leading energy services provider, we intimately understand the importance of delivering consistent quality products and services to our customers.
We invest in ongoing training and competency assurance of our people and have an industry-leading Quality Management System that equips them with the tools and resources needed to conduct each job safely and efficiently.
We partner with reputable suppliers to deliver quality products on-time and meet our customers’ needs
We constantly strive to improve our performance and provide the best support possible to our valued customers
If an issue arises, we provide timely support to get the job back on track
Quality Management System & Audits
We hold ourselves to a high standard and provide frameworks, processes, and audits to ensure we consistently deliver world class products and services for our operations
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
We understand the importance of protecting and enhancing the environments in which we operate and live.
Our Four Tenets program encourages employees to take an active role through better management of our waste, water, land, and energy resources ranging from raising awareness to the simple actions we can take each day to make a difference, to more robust technical solutions. These environmentally conscious standards enable us to make the right choices and are directly related to the sustainability of our organization.
ENSURING SECURITY ACROSS THE GLOBE
The security of our people is of great importance to Weatherford.
We work constantly to ensure we are as best prepared as possible to meet the challenges of tomorrow, wherever they may arise. Throughout our organization, we conduct training and education on the early identification of risk scenarios, ensure prompt notifications to employees if a situation arises, and have streamlined response and reporting protocols in place to make sure our employees remain out of harm’s way.
Weatherford Safety Performance
Our commitment to consistently improving the safety of our operations is evident in our safety performance trend.
|Weatherford Man Hours at Risk
|No. of Medical Incidents
|No. of Restricted Duty Incidents
|No. of Lost Time Incidents
|Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)(200K)
|Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR)(200K)
|Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)(1M)
|Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR)(1M)