Weatherford and Partners Raise $500,000 in 2023 for Houston Non-Profits through Tenth Annual Weatherford Walks
HOUSTON, October 16, 2023 – Weatherford International plc (NASDAQ: WFRD) ("Weatherford" or the "Company") and partners raised $500,000 in donations for four Houston-area non-profit organizations through the Company’s tenth annual charitable event. These charitable gifts resulted from the 2023 Weatherford Walks event. This annual event was held at the Houston Zoo. The proceeds will be shared equally among the Houston Area Women’s Center, Camp Hope, Small Steps Nurturing Center, and Child Advocates. Since 2014, the event has raised nearly $3.5 million for the Houston community.
Weatherford employees and trusted business partners made generous monetary donations in support of the recipient organizations.
Each of the Houston-based charities makes a significant impact on individuals and neighborhoods across the Houston community:
- The Houston Area Women’s Center helps individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence in their efforts to move their lives forward.
- Camp Hope provides peer support, mentoring services, and housing for veterans and their families who have combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Small Steps Nurturing Center is dedicated to the social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth of economically at-risk children and their families.
- Child Advocates recruits, trains, and supports volunteers who provide a voice for children in foster care. As Harris County’s Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program, they provide lifesaving advocacy that helps abused and neglected children exit foster care to a safe, permanent home as quickly as possible.
“I am immensely proud of the positive impact we have helped make through Weatherford Walks over the past ten years,” said Girish K. Saligram, President and Chief Executive Officer of Weatherford. “My sincere gratitude goes out all of our employees, sponsors, and their families for their dedication and generosity. We are honored to partner with incredible charitable organizations who give so much back to our community, and we will continue to do our part to support them.”
Weatherford sponsors who supported the 2023 Weatherford Walks event include:
- Diamond: Accurate Edge; King & Spalding LLP
- Platinum: BakerHosteler; Birlasoft; Engineered Custom Solutions, LLC; PwC
# # #
Weatherford delivers innovative energy services that integrate proven technologies with advanced digitalization to create sustainable offerings for maximized value and return on investment. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation. The Company operates in approximately 75 countries and has approximately 18,000 team members representing more than 110 nationalities and 340 operating locations. Visit weatherford.com for more information and connect with us on social media.
Weatherford International plc