Acquires measurements for determining the quality and vertical length of the cement bond between the casing and the formation
- Delivering 3-ft (0.9-m) measurements, which depict the cement bond to the casing, and 5-ft (1.5-m) measurements, which enable interpretation of the cement bond to the formation
- Determining top of cement
- Determining hydraulic isolation between zones
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight, short design
- High temperature and pressure ratings
- The BondView tool is easy to centralize in horizontal wells, which mproves data quality.
- The tool provides reliable data and safe operation in most wellbore environments.
- Measurements are less affected by casing corrosion or pipethickness changes than ultrasonic tool measurements.
- Measurements are less affected by casing corrosion or pipe thickness changes than ultrasonic tool measurements.
- The tool can be run on either single- or seven-conductor wireline.
- Combinability with the Weatherford SecureView® suite, including FluxView®, UltraView®, and CalView® tools, enables diagnosis of multiple downhole threats in a single pass.
The Weatherford BondView cement bond tool provides data for interpreting the quality and vertical length of the cement bond to the casing and formation. The BondView tool uses a monopole transmitter along with 3- and 5-ft (0.9- and 1.5-m) receivers to provide traditional amplitude, travel time, signature, and variabledensity-log (VDL) measurements. It delivers superior measurements in high-temperature, high-angle, and high-pressure, water- or oilbased fluid environments.
The BondView tool is suited for high-angle wellbores, in which centralization is a key component of quality downhole acoustic measurements. The short, lightweight tool design helps to eliminate problems caused by inadequate centralization.
3-ft (0.91-m) and 5-ft (1.52-m) amplitude, TT, VDL, attenuation
50 ft/min (15.24 m/min) at 1-in. vertical sampling
3 ft (0.91 m)
Depth of investigation
CBL: Casing-to-cement interface
Mud-type or weight limitations
Water-base mud, oil-base mud
CCL, gamma ray, neutron, UltraView, FluxView, CalView tools
3.38 in. (85.5 mm)
10.75 ft (3.28 m)
Total weight (in air)
164 lb (74 kg)
20,000 psi (138 MPa)
Minimum casing size
4.5 in. (114.30 mm)
Maximum casing size
13.38 (339.85 mm)
Short and lightweight, the BondView tool is easy to centralize to enable accurate acoustic measurements in highly deviated wellbores.
A typical BondView log presentation indicating a good cement bond in the lower portion of the log
Reach out to optimize reservoir performance
Please fill in the form below for more information on our comprehensive and high-resolution technologies. You will hear from one of our wireline representatives shortly.
Thank you for contacting us.
Your request is being directed to the appropriate person in our organization.
We will be in touch soon.