Weatherford and Partners Raise $402,764 in 2022 for Houston Non-Profits
Nearly $3 Million Raised Since Inaugural 2014 Charitable Event
HOUSTON, October 11, 2022 – Weatherford International plc (NASDAQ: WFRD) ("Weatherford" or the "Company") and partners raised $402,764 in donations for four Houston-area non-profit organizations. These charitable gifts resulted from the 2022 Weatherford Walks event. This annual event was held at the Houston Zoo. The proceeds will be shared equally among the Houston Area Women’s Center, Camp Hope, Small Steps Nurturing Center, and Child Advocates. Since 2014, the event has raised nearly $3 million for the Houston community.
Weatherford employees and trusted business partners made generous monetary donations in support of the recipient organizations.
Each of the Houston-based charities makes a significant impact on individuals and neighborhoods across the Houston community:
- The Houston Area Women’s Center helps individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence in their efforts to move their lives forward.
- Camp Hope provides peer support, mentoring services, and housing for veterans and their families who have combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Small Steps Nurturing Center is dedicated to the social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual growth of economically at-risk children and their families.
- Child Advocates recruits, trains, and supports volunteers who provide a voice for children in foster care. As Harris County’s Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program, they provide lifesaving advocacy that helps abused and neglected children exit foster care to a safe, permanent home as quickly as possible.
“I am truly grateful for our employees, sponsors, and their families for coming together to make a difference in our community through this event,” said Girish K. Saligram, President and Chief Executive Officer of Weatherford. “We know there is no finish line until our charity partners achieve their ultimate goals. We will continue doing our part for the greater good through Weatherford Walks and other community outreach efforts.”
Weatherford sponsors who supported the 2022 Weatherford Walks event include:
- Diamond: King & Spalding
- Platinum: Kirkland & Ellis; Paul Weiss
Weatherford delivers innovative energy services that integrate proven technologies with advanced digitalization to create sustainable offerings for maximized value and return on investment. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation. The Company operates in approximately 75 countries with a global talent network of approximately 17,500 team members representing more than 110 nationalities and 350 operating locations.
Weatherford International plc
Director Global Communications